List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jiann-Ming Su Date:January 13 2003 6:53pm
Subject:Re: logrotate problem with mysql
View as plain text
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Michael T. Babcock wrote:

> >        if test -n "`ps acx|grep mysqld`"; then
> >                /usr/bin/mysqladmin flush-logs
> >        fi
> >

> You're probably running it as root with the password loading from the
> /root/.my.cnf or something.  Try adding the -uroot -p.... command-line
> options, or a [mysqladmin] section to your ~root/.my.cnf file.

My /root/.my.cnf has 600 permissions and looks like:

[mysqladmin]
password=rootpassword
user=root

Do I need to add this section to the /etc/my.cnf?  Is the user unknown
to mysqladmin when it's run through logrotate?  Thanks again.

--
Jiann-Ming Su  jsu2@stripped  404-712-2603
Development Team Systems Administrator

Thread
logrotate problem with mysqlJiann-Ming Su10 Jan
  • Re: logrotate problem with mysqlMichael T. Babcock10 Jan
    • Re: logrotate problem with mysqlJiann-Ming Su13 Jan