List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:December 11 2002 6:03am
Subject:Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?
View as plain text
Angel Flow wrote:

>Would like to ask people's thoughts on whether Perl or
>PHP has higher performance with MySQL. I've heard
>rumours that DBI is slower than the PHP MySQL driver.

I would say that comparing DBI to ADODB is more appropriate; PHP more or
less directly calls the mysql C library functions whereas PERL actually
does some additional work in there.  In PERL's case, its probably a
similar code distance to just do a single executed query and return an
array of results as it is in PHP though.  I'd benchmark it to be sure
though.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Angel Flow10 Dec
  • Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Benjamin Pflugmann11 Dec
  • Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Michael T. Babcock13 Jan
Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Jan Steinman11 Dec
  • RE: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Wesley Brown11 Dec