List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:December 11 2002 6:03am
Subject:Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?
View as plain text
Angel Flow wrote:

>Would like to ask people's thoughts on whether Perl or
>PHP has higher performance with MySQL. I've heard
>rumours that DBI is slower than the PHP MySQL driver.

I would say that comparing DBI to ADODB is more appropriate; PHP more or
less directly calls the mysql C library functions whereas PERL actually
does some additional work in there.  In PERL's case, its probably a
similar code distance to just do a single executed query and return an
array of results as it is in PHP though.  I'd benchmark it to be sure

Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Angel Flow10 Dec
  • Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Benjamin Pflugmann11 Dec
  • Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Michael T. Babcock13 Jan
Re: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Jan Steinman11 Dec
  • RE: Perl vs. PHP with MySQL - performance?Wesley Brown11 Dec