List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 13 1999 6:38pm
Subject:Re: check db
View as plain text
"A. Brandic" wrote:

> How can I check if my database is busy (ie. if someone is writting to a
> table from which I only want to read, I want a message on the screen
> saying "Try Later").
>
> thanx, Ajdin

Hi Ajdin

The only solution at the moment is to use "mysqladmin processlist" and parsing the result
yourself!

But this is very difficult, so I would say it is impossible.

You can however use an GET_LOCK(...) in all applications using the table in question to
check if someone is currently working with it.
But this rely's on your applications, not on the mysql DBMS.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
general error handling with MySQLAndre Bajew7 Sep
  • Re: general error handling with MySQLsinisa8 Sep
Re: general error handling with MySQLA. Bajew9 Sep
  • Re: general error handling with MySQLMartin Ramsch9 Sep
    • check dbA. Brandic9 Sep
      • Re: check dbMartin Ramsch9 Sep
        • setting root password - installing from rpmGeorge Georgalis21 Oct
      • Re: check dbChristian Mack13 Sep