List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Pulsipher Date:April 1 1999 8:58pm
Subject:Copying live files
View as plain text
What are the implications of copying *.ISM,*.ISD,*.frm files while MySQL is
still running?  Basically, I am proposing that I could copy these files
while MySQL is running, for a descent backup.  Before I restore, I would
obviously have to isamchk everything.

Taking the database down is a big loss, however, so I am wondering about
this option.  I know it's not the cleanest, but would it work?  The files
would be messed up if copied while an insert/update was taking place, but
again , teh isamchk *should* correct that, just with a little data loss.

Are there any other GOOD options for backing up a database server with lots
of databases and lots of table sin each database, without stopping the
database?

Thanks.

-Brandon

Thread
Basic Data Import QueryJon Halton1 Apr
  • Re: Basic Data Import QueryDrew M Hahn1 Apr
    • RE: Basic Data Import QueryHalton Internet1 Apr
      • Copying live filesBrandon Pulsipher1 Apr
        • Copying live filesMichael Widenius2 Apr
      • RE: Basic Data Import QueryPaul DuBois2 Apr
      • RE: Basic Data Import QueryMichael Widenius2 Apr
Re: Copying live filesjkraai2 Apr
RE: Copying live filesBrandon Pulsipher2 Apr