List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 11 2003 6:58pm
Subject:Re: Lock Tables Timeout value?
View as plain text
At 17:12 +0800 1/11/03, Clyde wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have searched the docs but can't seem to find information on the
>time out value for "Lock Tables" (probably just me)
>
>When using "Lock Tables" how long does MySql wait before giving up
>if it can't get a lock?

Forever.

For table-level locks such as you acquire with LOCK TABLES, there is
no timeout.

This differs from (implicit) page- or row-level locking such as is
performed by the BDB and InnoDB handlers.  For such locking levels,
it's possible to get deadlock.  When the handler detects a deadlock,
it aborts one of the deadlocking requests.

>Is there any way of changing this time out value?
>
>Thanks
>Clyde England

Thread
Lock Tables Timeout value?Clyde11 Jan
  • Re: Lock Tables Timeout value?Mark11 Jan
    • Re: Lock Tables Timeout value?Clyde11 Jan
  • Re: Lock Tables Timeout value?Paul DuBois11 Jan
  • Lock Tables QueryClyde16 Jan
  • Re: Lock Tables Querygerald_clark16 Jan