List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Magid Date:January 9 2003 5:46am
Subject:RE: [OT] Re: InnoDB vs. MySQL performance Issue
View as plain text
To MySQL AB:

Your lists are being used to disseminate extremist muslim hate-speech.   As
such, this will reflect terribly negatively on your company if you let this
go unchallenged much longer.   This individual, if you can call him that,
has repeatedly said inflammatory stuff about Israel in his signature.
Clearly, no one in an official capacity at your company saw fit to address
that.  However, now he has equated the Jews and Christians living in "[his]
lands" to "pigs" and "monkeys".   This kind of racism is reprehensible in
the extreme.  This scum is posting his screed from Egypt; I, on the other
hand, live in a country which has a much richer tradition of freedom of
speech, the United States.   And, contrary to this morons assertions, you DO
NOT have the right to say anything, at any time, anywhere.   And,
particularly not in a private forum such as this.  There are no first
amendment protections from non-governmental actors ie: in this case MySQLAB.
Thus, if MySQLAB chooses to do nothing about it your company will be tacitly
condoning his behavior.  I recommend that at a bare minimum this guy should
be removed from the list, for the sheer disruption that he has caused to the
normally extremely helpful discourse which is usual in this list.
Furthermore, I am a DBA in a Fortune 500 company, and I do have significant
influence over the buying decisions of my company with respect to databases.
You can be sure that any business I have will not go to you if you do
nothing.

Sincerely,

Paul Magid, DBA