List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 9 2003 3:37am
Subject:Re: Load local data infile problem
View as plain text
At 18:39 +0100 1/8/03, Stefan Hinz, iConnect (Berlin) wrote:
>Charles,
>
>>>  I posted the same problem a couple of days ago. LOCAL will not work
>>>  because of a security "improvement" the MySQL folks applied.
>
>>  LOAD DATA INFILE "C:\\mysql\\fred.txt" INTO TABLE data_table;
>>  Hope this helps, but only a workaround...
>
>Without LOCAL, quite alot of things will not work. Imagine an ISP giving
>every customer write privileges for the mysql/bin directory ... ;-/
>
>Unfortunately, Monty did'nt mention if this is fixed in 4.0.8 or going
>to be fixed in 4.0.9 or 4.1. Personally, I regard this security
>"improvement" rather a bug than a feature.

The implementation certainly is problematic, but the underlying
issues that it tries to address is definitely real and not to be ignored.
People who say otherwise generally don't understand what those issues
are.

>Regards,
>--
>   Stefan Hinz <hinz@stripped>
>   Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>
>   Heesestr. 6, 12169 Berlin (Germany)
>   Tel: +49 30 7970948-0  Fax: +49 30 7970948-3

Thread
Load local data infile problemPrathmesh J. Mahidharia7 Jan
  • Re: Load local data infile problemiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz7 Jan
    • RE: Load local data infile problemCharles Mabbott9 Jan
      • Re: Load local data infile problemiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz9 Jan
  • Re: Load local data infile problemBhavin Vyas8 Jan
Re: Load local data infile problemiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz8 Jan
  • RE: Re: Load local data infile problemJennifer Goodie8 Jan
    • Re: Re: Load local data infile problemiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz9 Jan
  • Re: Load local data infile problemPaul DuBois9 Jan
Re: Load local data infile problemPrathmesh J. Mahidharia9 Jan
Re: Load local data infile problemPrathmesh J. Mahidharia9 Jan