List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 8 2003 6:08pm
Subject:Re: converting text to hypertext
View as plain text
At 8:34 -0800 1/8/03, Rick Tucker wrote:
>I just imported a .csv file and one of the columns of data was websites
>addresses.  Those addresses aren't being recognized as links when I output
>an html table from my queries.  I'm scratching me head on how to make the
>conversion.  I figured there would by a hypertext datatype of some sort, but
>I can't find any information regarding this issue. If someone could point me
>in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

You must perform the conversion yourself, displaying the URL both
as the href atttribute and body text of an <a> tag.  Don't forget
to URL-encode it for use in the attribute, and HTML-encode it for
use in the body text.

Examples in Perl, PHP, Python, and JSP are available at:

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-cookbook/

Get the recipes distribution, check the apache/links and tomcat/mcb
directories for the examples.

Mmm, that's two book plugs in a day, I'd better cool off for a while. :-)

>Thanks,
>
>rick

Thread
converting text to hypertextRick Tucker8 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextPaul DuBois8 Jan
    • Re: converting text to hypertextKeith C. Ivey8 Jan
      • Re: converting text to hypertextPaul DuBois9 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextwalt8 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextRodney Broom8 Jan
    • Re: converting text to hypertextMichael T. Babcock13 Jan
      • help with querylbelen13 Jan
      • help with querylbelen13 Jan
      • help with querylbelen13 Jan
      • Re: help with queryGelu Gogancea13 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextZak Greant8 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextR. Hannes Niedner8 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextR. Hannes Niedner8 Jan
  • RE: converting text to hypertextBryant Hester8 Jan
RE: converting text to hypertextRick Tucker8 Jan
  • RE: converting text to hypertextLarry Brown8 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextwcb9 Jan
  • RE: converting text to hypertextJennifer Goodie9 Jan
  • Re: converting text to hypertextMichael T. Babcock9 Jan
RE: help with queryKenneth Hylton13 Jan
Re: help with queryLeonardo Javier Belén14 Jan
  • Re: help with queryCH Tsang14 Jan
    • Re: help with queryLeonardo Javier Belén14 Jan
  • Re: help with queryRoger Baklund14 Jan