List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 13 1999 2:25pm
Subject:Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps
(withtables)
View as plain text
At 4:12 PM +0200 9/13/99, Bernhard Thoni wrote:
>hi bob,
>i hope it is easy programmatically, because i am not very familiar with
>perl programming so far! i have installed perl on my pc, and i a
>beginners book on it,
>and i noticed that perl is the ideal language for changing text, but i
>have no plan where to start...
>do you have a internetaddress for examples?
>thanx so far,
>bernie

If you want something quick and dirty, try mysql --html.
Even if you want to write your own program, you might find the output
instructive.

>Bob Kline wrote:
>>
>>  On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Bernhard Thoni wrote:
>>
>>  > hello everyone,
>>  > does anyone know a possibility, to convert the output table of a query
>>  > (with headlines) into a nice looking html and ps file (with tables)?
>>  > the utils i have tried so far in my script (txt2html and html2ps) do not
>>  > bring the wished results. txt2html produces no real table, just an
>>  > arrangement of column  &nbsp.. and then the next column,
>>  >   &nb.. and then the next column.
>>  > some entries in one of the columns are much longer than others, so the
>>  > result looks terrible.
>>
>>  Bernhard:
>>
>>  The step of getting html for tables from the results of a query is
>>  actually fairly easy to do programmatically.  Do you have access to Perl
>>  or some other programming language?  Once you've gotten it into html
>>  tables the canned utilities for getting PostScript should work fine.
>>
>>  --
>>  Bob Kline
>>  mailto:bkline@stripped
>>  http://www.rksystems.com

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (with tables)Bernhard Thoni13 Sep
  • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (with tables)sasha13 Sep
Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Bernhard Thoni13 Sep
  • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Paul DuBois13 Sep
    • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Bob Kline13 Sep
      • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Bob Kline13 Sep
        • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Paul DuBois13 Sep
          • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Bob Kline13 Sep
            • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Paul DuBois13 Sep
              • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Michael Widenius16 Sep
  • Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps (withtables)Bob Kline13 Sep
    • [mySQL] Switch/Case statements versus if/elsed e l   d h a n o a14 Sep
      • Re: [mySQL] Switch/Case statements versus if/elseMartin Ramsch14 Sep
      • Re: [mySQL] Switch/Case statements versus if/elseDan Nelson14 Sep
Re: converting output of query into html (with tables)and ps(withtables)Richard Ellerbrock13 Sep