List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Drew M Hahn Date:April 1 1999 8:21pm
Subject:Re: Basic Data Import Query
View as plain text
Sure wish I knew what system you are running this on.  If it is UNIX,
those slashes should be forward / slashes and not backward \ slashes.

--drew

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Jon Halton wrote:

> I have a data file of about 1100 records I am trying to load into a number
> of columns of a mysql database I am using the following syntax:
>
> mysql> load data infile '\www\vhtdocs\pet.txt'
> -> into table kennels
> -> fields terminated by ','
> -> enclosed by '"'
> -> lines terminated by '/r'
> -> (name, address1, address2, town, county ,postcode ,bustype ,telephone
> ,fax)
> -> ;
>
> and get the error
>
> ERROR 13: Can't get stat of '\www\vhtdocs\pet.txt' (Errcode: 2)
>
> It seems to be having problems finding the file. Where on the server would
> it be looking? Where would the file normally be saved?
>
> Also is there any other problems you can see with the syntax I have used?
>
> An example entry of the file is as follows:
>
> "abc kennels","hill farm","","Newcastle","Tyne & Wear","NE7 7LZ","Boarding
> Kennels","0191 2550000",""
>
> each line is terminated by a carrige return
>
> Thanks for your help.

Basic Data Import QueryJon Halton1 Apr
  • Re: Basic Data Import QueryDrew M Hahn1 Apr
    • RE: Basic Data Import QueryHalton Internet1 Apr
      • Copying live filesBrandon Pulsipher1 Apr
        • Copying live filesMichael Widenius2 Apr
      • RE: Basic Data Import QueryPaul DuBois2 Apr
      • RE: Basic Data Import QueryMichael Widenius2 Apr
Re: Copying live filesjkraai2 Apr
RE: Copying live filesBrandon Pulsipher2 Apr