List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 13 1999 11:45am
Subject:Re: please help
View as plain text
>where 's the problem about this query :
> select distinct * from newsdata WHERE title LIKE "%%"   GROUP BY newsfrom
>,title order by time desc limit 0,100 ;
>I can't execute above sentence in Mysql;Please help!

Hard to say without more information.

Perhaps you have no permission to access the table newsdata.
Perhaps there is no table newsdata, or it doesn't have a
column named newsfrom, or title, or time.
Perhaps you haven't selected a database.
Perhaps you're issuing the statement through the C, DBI,
or PHP APIs and you really have included the semicolon
on the end, which will cause it to fail.
Or...?

I think we need a little more context about the situtation.

By the way, "%" is simpler than "%%".

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread