List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 7 2003 5:11pm
Subject:Re: Query mysql on another server
View as plain text
At 10:08 -0600 1/7/03, Chris Boget wrote:
>We have a *nix network and on that network we have 2
>web servers.  One for development (server1) and one for
>production (server2).  And on each of those servers we
>have MySQL installed.  Is there a way we can query a
>table on server2 from server1?

No.

>I know that when you are using a database from the mysql
>command line, you can query a table in another database
>just by using select databasename.tablename.  But the
>same method using servername doesn't work.  Is this even
>possible?

No.

>thnx,
>Chris

sql, query
Thread
Query mysql on another serverChris Boget7 Jan
  • Re: Query mysql on another serverPaul DuBois7 Jan
    • RE: Query mysql on another serverjarnold48 Jan
      • Re: Query mysql on another serverChris Boget8 Jan
  • Re: Query mysql on another serverKen Menzel7 Jan
  • Re: Query mysql on another serverFred Stiening7 Jan
RE: Query mysql on another serverPaul DuBois7 Jan
RE: Query mysql on another serverDave Christensen7 Jan
RE: Query mysql on another serverDave Christensen7 Jan
  • Re: Query mysql on another serverChris Boget7 Jan
  • Re: Query mysql on another serveriConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz8 Jan