List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 6 2003 3:47pm
Subject:Re: MySQL for Netware
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 06), P van Mierlo said:
> I've readed the following post :
>
> PROVO, Utah and SEATTLE - Oct. 21, 2002 - Novell and MySQL AB,
> developer of the world's most popular open source database, today
> announced that Novell will ship a NetWare-optimized commercial
> version of the MySQL? database with Novell(R) NetWare(R) 6 and
> subsequent releases of NetWare, providing significant savings to
> Novell customers and allowing them to develop and distribute MySQL
> applications without open source license requirements.
>
> Question....can this release also be download, or will it only be
> shipped with Netware 6. At this moment we only have Netware 5.1 and
> planning to move to Netware 6 at the end of this year....and that's a
> long time to wait !

It's downloadable at http://developer.novell.com/ndk/leadedge.htm#le182
, and also at http://developer.novell.com/ndk/leadedge.htm#le167 .  It
looks like 182 also installs a bunch of other stuff, so if you just
want mysql, use 167.

According to the thread starting at

news://developer-forums.novell.com:119/EWvo9.7576$CX6.151602@ style="color:#666">stripped

, no testing will be done on 5.1.  It's possible that it might work
with updated nlms, but no guarantees.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped