List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:January 5 2003 2:02am
Subject:Full text search
View as plain text
Am I missing something on mysql full text search?

I was using a simple statement like
select firstname from contacts where match(firstname,lastname) against
('steffa');

I am actually looking for "steffan" but wanted to see what it would return.
Now, if I search for the full name "steffan" it finds it ok. Is there
something I am missing for it to return any matches containing "steff" or
"steffa" or even "stef" ????

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications

Full text searchSteffan A. Cline5 Jan
  • Re: Full text searchQunfeng Dong5 Jan
  • Re: Full text searchSalam Baker Shanawa5 Jan