List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:September 13 1999 2:15am
Subject:Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?
View as plain text
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Martin Ramsch wrote:

>Hallo all,
>
>does anybody here happen to know, if there exists some WWW based
>genealogy software, ideally with MySQL as database backend?
>
>What I'd like to do is to set up web pages, where all relatives could
>get authorized access and then should be able to maintain parts of a
>family tree.  It should be easy to add comments and stories to persons
>already registered.  You get the idea ...
>
>Regards,
>  Martin
>--
>Martin Ramsch <m.ramsch@stripped> <URL: http://home.pages.de/~ramsch/
> >
>PGP KeyID=0xE8EF4F75 FiPr=52 44 5E F3 B0 B1 38 26  E4 EC 80 58 7B 31 3A D7

I am slowly working on something along that line.
I currently have a database, with some tables laid out, but the scripts to
display and manipulate the data are a bit sparse.

One thing to look at is the commercially available geneology software and
see how they have their tables set up.

The is also a GENCOM Perl module that reads GENCOM data files, which is
what you would get from the LDS and other sites.

Let me know if you want to work on this with me, I am planning to try some
dynamic displays in a web browser to show lineage and other bloodline
trees.

Micheal
---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                         mjmc@stripped
                                       http://www.whitepine.com/whitepine/

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it's ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Martin Ramsch13 Sep
  • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Ken13 Sep
    • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?sasha13 Sep
    • RE: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Bill Gerrard16 Sep
  • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Micheal Mc Evoy13 Sep