List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:matthew mcglynn Date:April 1 1999 7:33pm
Subject:safe shutdown
View as plain text
I see that the manual recommends adding a call to mysql.server
to rc.local, to effect auto-starting of mysqld.
(<http://mysql.he.net/Manual_chapter/manual_Installing.html#Automatic_start>)

Am I correct in inferring from this that mysqld will receive
and act appropriately upon the SIGTERM sent out by the shutdown
command on a Linux host ?

Another way of asking this is whether mysql.server should
be linked as a 'K' file within /etc/rc.d/rc0.d ?

Are there any situations in which it would be beneficial to
have /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/Kmysqld as a symlink to mysql.server ?
Or is this just unnecessary in all cases ?

We're using the latest MySQL, 3.22.20a, binary release,
under RedHat Linux 5.2 (2.0.36). The threading library is whatever
is standard to RHL 5.2.

--
matt.

Thread