List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 4 2003 12:04am
Subject:Re: auto increment question
View as plain text
At 15:28 -0800 1/3/03, Kevin wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a table with an ID column and a viewed column. I would like the
>viewed column to increment by one each time the row is updated.
>
>Stats
>=======
>ID
>
>is this possible?

Sure.  Since you're updating the row anyway, set the column value to
one more than its current value. :-)

No, it won't happen automatically, which I would guess is what you're
really asking.

>-k
>
>sql, query

Thread
auto increment questionKevin4 Jan
  • Re: auto increment questionPaul DuBois4 Jan
    • RE: auto increment questionAdolfo Bello4 Jan
      • Re: auto increment questionArthur Fuller4 Jan
    • RE: auto increment questionAdolfo Bello4 Jan
  • Re: auto increment questioniConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz4 Jan