List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 3 2003 10:11pm
Subject:RE: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?
View as plain text
At 11:37 -0800 1/3/03, Paul Choy wrote:
>"Paul Choy" writes:
>  >Hi :
>  >
>  >I am trying to run Expect scripts to interact with mysql. So far I
>cannot get
>  > it to work here is the list of log I got.Does anyone know how to
>interact Ex
>  >pect scripts with mysql. What am I missing ?
>
>I've done it, but I don't spawn directly.  I spawn a regular shell
>and then just send out the command to start it, eg
>
># start up command line interface to mysql
>send "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p $dbname\r"
>
>and go on from there.  Works just fine.
>
>--Cindy

I just tried using expect on Jaguar, and didn't find it necessary to
spawn a shell.  Here's my script:

% cat junk
spawn /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql test
send "select version();"
expect "mysql>"
send "select now();\r"
expect "mysql>"
send "quit;\r"
expect EOF

And here's the result of running it:

% expect junk
spawn /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql test
select version();Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 52 to server version: 4.0.8-gamma-log

mysql> select version();select now();
+-----------------+
| VERSION()       |
+-----------------+
| 4.0.8-gamma-log |
+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

+---------------------+
| now()               |
+---------------------+
| 2003-01-03 16:08:06 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> quit;
Bye
Thread
Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Paul Choy3 Jan
  • Re: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Cindy3 Jan
RE: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Paul Choy3 Jan
  • RE: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Paul DuBois3 Jan
RE: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Paul Choy3 Jan
  • Re: Can Expect scripts interact with mysql ?Cindy4 Jan