List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 1 1999 6:55pm
Subject:Re: Does MySQL work on the Macintosh OS 10?
View as plain text
>The new MAC OS 10 is said to be  flavor of unix.
>
>The internet server potential for this machine is incredible.
>
>Any information on MySQL working on this super fast server?

I briefly installed Mac OS X Server on a blue-and-white G3 to see
what tools were provided.  There is no C compiler in the standard
installation, but if you install the stuff from the WebObjects
CD, you get development tools.  Unfortunately, the gcc on that
CD is 2.7.1 (2.7.2? I forget).  I downloaded egcs 1.1.2 to see if
I could compile that, but it failed with some problems about type
mismatches between the egcs header files and the "precompiled" header
files that came off the CD.

I guess I should have just tried to compile MySQL with gcc 2.7.x,
but I had to give up the machine before I had a chance.

That's my (mostly worthless) 2 cents.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Does MySQL work on the Macintosh OS 10?mysql1 Apr