List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David T-G Date:December 30 2002 9:49pm
Subject:Re: style question: "drop database" in an install script
View as plain text
Arthur, et al --

...and then Arthur Fuller said...
%
% I don't know about anyone else, but for this sort of thing I love the
% program called DeZign, which is a data-modeling tool. You can "draw" your
% tables and their columns and set up relations and so on. DeZign will then
% write your code for you.

Thanks!

I actually broke out a Windows box to try it out so that I could see how
it would relate keys :-)  Now I have some sample syntax for foreign keys,
if nothing else.

Anyone know of a design tool which runs on Linux and FreeBSD?

%
% Personally, I like to keep all my "drop" statements in one script, all my
% "create" scripts in another, and all my "populate" scripts in yet another.

Yeah, I think I'll do something like that.

%
% Arthur

Thanks & HAND & Happy Holidays

mysql query,
:-D
(play) davidtg@stripped * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@stripped  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

style question: "drop database" in an install scriptDavid T-G28 Dec
  • ORDER dilemmaPag28 Dec
    • RE: ORDER dilemmaJohn Coder28 Dec
      • Re: ORDER dilemmaDan Nelson28 Dec
  • Re: style question: "drop database" in an install scriptiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz28 Dec
  • RE: style question: "drop database" in an install scriptArthur Fuller30 Dec
    • Re: style question: "drop database" in an install scriptDavid T-G30 Dec
Re: style question: "drop database" in an install scriptDavid T-G28 Dec