List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 28 2002 10:43pm
Subject:Re: SELECT query
View as plain text
At 14:38 -0700 12/28/02, Gloria L. McMillan wrote:
>RE: MySQL SELECT and COUNT or SUM
>

>  > Hi, all!
>>
>>  I think this SELECT command does almost what I need.
>>
>>  SELECT CW03survey.Q6, CW03survey.Q7, CW03survey.Q8
>>
>>  FROM CW03survey
>>
>>  WHERE CW03survey.Q3 = '1'
>>
>>  =============================================
>>
>>  But how can I get it to also run a count of the total of each column?
>>  Q6, Q7...?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>  > Gloria McMillan

If you mean that you want a list of items and also a count of the number
of items in the list, you cannot do it with a single query.  Lists of
items and summaries of lists of items are two different things.
Thread
Re: SELECT queryGloria L. McMillan28 Dec
  • Re: SELECT queryPaul DuBois28 Dec
    • RE: SELECT queryAdolfo Bello29 Dec