List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 27 2002 6:09pm
Subject:Re: birthday calculation problem
View as plain text
At 14:56 +0200 12/27/02, Patrascu Eugeniu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a problem calculating birthdays in sql. Here goes my setup:
>
>I have a database that contains the bithdays of a number of people,
>and I want to know when there birthday is to congratulate them.
>The thing is that I want to now that a day before their birthday.
>Therefore I need a way to do that, and I do not know how to do it,
>so I am asking on this list, maybe there is someone that can tell me
>how.

Compare the MONTH() and DAYOFMONTH() values of your birthday column
to the MONTH() and DAYOFMONTH() values for tomorrow's date, which you
can calculate using CURDATE() and DATE_ADD().  Something like this:

SET @tomorrow = DATE_ADD(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 1 DAY);

SELECT * FROM tbl_name
WHERE MONTH(birth) = MONTH(@tomorrow)
AND DAYOFMONTH(birth) = DAYOFMONTH(@tomorrow);

>Regards,
>
>Patrascu Eugeniu

sql, query
Thread
birthday calculation problemPatrascu Eugeniu27 Dec
  • Re: birthday calculation problemGeorge Chelidze27 Dec
  • Re: birthday calculation problemGelu Gogancea27 Dec
  • Re: birthday calculation problemGelu Gogancea27 Dec
  • Re: birthday calculation problemPaul DuBois27 Dec