List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 27 2002 2:50am
Subject:Re: Optimize InnoDB table...
View as plain text
At 15:13 +0900 12/26/02, Chung Ha-nyung wrote:
>  I've heard that I should periodically alter innodb table to MyISAM and
>  back to InnoDB to optimize table structure.
>  I guess only dropping index and recreating it is enough, but should I
>  change table type?

Dropping an index doesn't change a table's type.  You can change the
type like this:

ALTER TABLE t TYPE = MyISAM;
ALTER TABLE t TYPE = InnoDB;

>query.
>
>--
>  Chung Ha-nyung <alita@[neowiz.com|kldp.org]>
>  Sayclub <http://www.sayclub.com>
>  NeoWiz <http://www.neowiz.com>

Thread
Optimize InnoDB table...Chung Ha-nyung26 Dec
  • Re: Optimize InnoDB table...Paul DuBois27 Dec
RE: Optimize InnoDB table...Chung Ha-nyung27 Dec
  • RE: Optimize InnoDB table...Paul DuBois27 Dec