List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ashley M. Kirchner Date:December 23 2002 7:50pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] What terminates a query?
View as plain text
Matt Young wrote:

 >My sql command pipes its result to a perl program (in batch mode) . but the
 >perl program has no waf to tell when the query is finished.
 >HTTP uses a blank line to signal the end. but there is no such thing for
 >mysql.

     Why can't you append an extra line to your sql result (say ##END##) and
have the perl program check for that string.  Once found, it knows the sql
command has finished.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@stripped>   .   303.442.6410 x130

What terminates a query?Matt Young23 Dec
  • RE: What terminates a query?Fernando Grijalba23 Dec
  • Re: What terminates a query?Dan Nelson23 Dec
  • Re: [MySQL] What terminates a query?Ashley M. Kirchner23 Dec