List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Antony Vose Date:September 10 1999 5:37pm
Subject:optimizing my server
View as plain text
hey there, all:

so i've got a redhat linux box with 256 MB of RAM which will
basically be running sendmail, apache/php and mysql, and that's it.

how do i optimize this machine in terms of setting up mysql?  is it
similar to apache in that i can specify how many mysqld processes
start?

since sendmail will be doing nothing except sending mail out from the
web site hosted on this box, i can dedicate almost all of the system
resources to apache and mysql

any thoughts?

Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn
Thread
optimizing my serverMarc Antony Vose10 Sep
  • optimizing my serverJani Tolonen13 Sep