List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 10 1999 3:27pm
Subject:Re: Get no Reply from Select Statement, Using Perl 5.005 DBI Module
View as plain text
Oliver Etzel wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I am Newbie and I am trying to get a reply from a database (which is called
>  "Artikel") in my MySQL version 3.22.21. I am running Linux 6.2 using Perl
> 5.005.
>
>  2) The Problem I have is, that I cannot get a reply  from the select
>  statement that database. The short script is attached here, using the
> DBI.pm
>  Module:
>
>  #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>  use CGI;
>  use DBI;
>  use CGI::Carp;
>
>  use CGI qw(:standard);
>  CGI::use_named_parameters(1);
>
>  my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:Artikel');
>  my $output = new CGI;
>
>  print header, start_html ('TITLE'=>'Question with Popupmenu');
>  print <<END_OF_HTML;
>  <H1>Abfrage mit POPUP Menu</H1>
>  <FORM ACTION="abfrage_1.pl" METHOD=POST>
>  <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="action" Value="abfrage_1.pl">
>
>  <H1>Abfrage:</H1>
>  <BR>
>  END_OF_HTML
>  my @cd_ids = ();
>  my %cd_artists = ();
>  my $out = $dbh->prepare("select cd_id, cd_artist from Artikel.cd order by
>  cd_artist \g");
< ... >
> Oliver Etzel

Hi Oliver

You should not apend \g to your query.
This is only needed in the mysql commandline interface to distinguish two queries.
Also you should print out error messages.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Get no Reply from Select Statement, Using Perl 5.005 DBI ModuleOliver Etzel6 Sep
  • Re: Get no Reply from Select Statement, Using Perl 5.005 DBI ModuleJules Bean6 Sep
  • Re: Get no Reply from Select Statement, Using Perl 5.005 DBIModulePaul DuBois7 Sep
  • Re: Get no Reply from Select Statement, Using Perl 5.005 DBI ModuleChristian Mack10 Sep