List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Watson Date:April 1 1999 4:17pm
Subject:Beginner Problem
View as plain text
Hello, I am new to the list and I hope this is the appropriate place to
post this question.

My ISP has MySQL installed in /usr/local/share/mysql/ but does not provide
any support on MySQL. I do not have write permission on that directory so
when i do a CREATE DATABASE miketest; no directory is created, logged in
as root, I do get the result Query OK, 1 row affected (0.07 sec).

When I do a CREATE TABLE test(name VARCHAR(15)); I get
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.34 sec)

test.frm does not exist. Is there a way to get MySQL to create the
database in an alternate location? I would like the database directories
and files to be in my local workspace.

Thank You for your time.

Mike Watson

Thread
Socket timeoutRoland Carlsson1 Apr
  • Beginner ProblemMike Watson1 Apr
    • Re: Beginner ProblemChristian Mack1 Apr
  • Socket timeoutMichael Widenius2 Apr