List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 19 2002 6:43pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.x preformance on MacOS 10.2
View as plain text
At 8:12 -1000 12/17/02, <banal@stripped> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>      I have checked the mailing list and the documentation but have been
>unable to find any information regarding the level of support for
>MySQL on the MacOS 10.2 platform. After moving a production database
>from a linux to MacOS 10.2 for development I have noticed that on my
>MacOS machine there is a significant performance hit on the MySQL
>server. Perhaps this is just hardware related but it seems as though
>the performance should be at least comparable on the following
>machines.
>
>Intel Pentium III 933 MHz
>Mandrake Linux v8.2
>No windowing system running
>512 MB RAM
>Query takes about 12 seconds.
>
>Apple G4 1GHz
>MacOS X 10.2
>No windowing system running
>512 MB RAM
>Query Takes about 25 seconds.
>
>I have noticed that on linux the mysqld runs as many processes and on
>MacOS 10.2 it runs as a single process. Is this an architectural decision?
>or have i configured the server incorrectly?
>
>Thank you,
>Christophe Banal

No, actually, it always runs as a single process.  What you're seeing
is that ps reports separate threads as processes on Linux.
Thread
MySQL 3.23.x preformance on MacOS 10.2banal17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL 3.23.x preformance on MacOS 10.2Paul DuBois19 Dec
    • Re: MySQL 3.23.x preformance on MacOS 10.2Brent Baisley19 Dec
Re: MySQL 3.23.x preformance on MacOS 10.2Gary Hostetler20 Dec