List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harald Fuchs Date:December 19 2002 12:40pm
Subject:Re: really slow query results --- SOLVED
View as plain text
In article <20021219041930.GA54615@stripped>,
Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> writes:

> INNER JOIN and WHERE do the same thing:

>    * `INNER JOIN' and `,' (comma) are semantically equivalent.  Both do
>      a full join between the tables used. Normally, you specify how the
>      tables should be linked in the WHERE condition.

That's what I always thought, but this must be wrong when Joseph
noticed a difference in performance.  Any experts out there with
comments on that?

[Filter fodder: SQL query]
Thread
really slow query results --- SOLVEDJoseph Dietz19 Dec
  • Re: really slow query results --- SOLVEDDan Nelson19 Dec
  • Re: really slow query results --- SOLVEDHarald Fuchs19 Dec
  • Re: really slow query results --- SOLVEDJocelyn Fournier19 Dec