List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 19 2002 6:18am
Subject:RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?
View as plain text
At 23:43 -0500 12/18/02, Dan Cumpian wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Not if your outer loop is in a separate query. In that case, your query
>is essentially a cursor and is static once OPENed. As you move from
>record to record, what you are seeing is the records at the time the
>query was opened. Now, if you were to update records that you haven't
>processed yet, then they may show up as modified in your outer query

Your basis for saying that?

>because (depending on how you are connecting to the database) the server
>only returns several hundred rows at a time and caches them as you go

Your basis for saying that?

>through the record set. But that doesn't sound like it will impact you.
>
>HTH,
>Dan Cumpian

Thread
SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Jeff Snoxell18 Dec
  • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois18 Dec
    • Re: Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Jeff Snoxell18 Dec
      • RE: Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Mike Hillyer19 Dec
  • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Gelu Gogancea18 Dec
    • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois18 Dec
  • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Dan Cumpian19 Dec
    • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois19 Dec
RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?ir00038719 Dec
RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois19 Dec
  • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Dan Cumpian20 Dec