List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Cumpian Date:December 19 2002 4:43am
Subject:RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?
View as plain text
Jeff,

Not if your outer loop is in a separate query. In that case, your query
is essentially a cursor and is static once OPENed. As you move from
record to record, what you are seeing is the records at the time the
query was opened. Now, if you were to update records that you haven't
processed yet, then they may show up as modified in your outer query
because (depending on how you are connecting to the database) the server
only returns several hundred rows at a time and caches them as you go
through the record set. But that doesn't sound like it will impact you.

HTH,
Dan Cumpian