List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 18 2002 10:26pm
Subject:Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?
View as plain text
At 21:40 +0200 12/18/02, Gelu Gogancea wrote:
>Hi,
>You can use REPLACE...SELECT

Not in the case described below.  You cannot replace into the same
table from which you're selecting.

>Regards,
>
>Gelu
>G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY
>
>Permanent e-mail address : gg@stripped
>                                           gelugogancea@stripped

Thread
SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Jeff Snoxell18 Dec
  • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois18 Dec
    • Re: Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Jeff Snoxell18 Dec
      • RE: Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Mike Hillyer19 Dec
  • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Gelu Gogancea18 Dec
    • Re: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois18 Dec
  • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Dan Cumpian19 Dec
    • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois19 Dec
RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?ir00038719 Dec
RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Paul DuBois19 Dec
  • RE: SELECT and UPDATE at the same time?Dan Cumpian20 Dec