List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:December 18 2002 7:37pm
Subject:OT: Spam Filter (again)
View as plain text
Just for anyone who cares (or cares to do the same), when I reply to
messages at my average 80wpm and hit send, I don't check if
SQL,QUERY,etc. is in the message 90% of the time.  Now, besides thanking
the crew for adding a couple more keywords to the filter, it still ticks
me off to get a bounce to a legitimate response.  If I get such bounces
from now on, I'm ignoring them (that includes the last 3 messages I've
sent).  I'm not going to bother to retype / reformat / forward (because
its ugly) the messages.  I always reply-to-all, so the author of the

PS, it wouldn't be that hard (depending on your mail distribution
method) to allow subscribers to post without going through the filter
and only filter unsubscribed people.

PPS, you could always make it database-driven and add people who post
successfully more than once a week to the no-spam-check list instead.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
OT: Spam Filter (again)Michael T. Babcock18 Dec
  • Re: OT: Spam Filter (again)B. van Ouwerkerk18 Dec
  • Re: OT: Spam Filter (again)Jeremy Zawodny18 Dec
    • Re: OT: Spam Filter (again)Lenz Grimmer19 Dec