List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 18 2002 7:17pm
Subject:Re: Parser seems to have problems with '-' (dash).
View as plain text
At 16:51 +0100 12/18/02, anders.nygard@stripped wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have hade several problems with the character '-' (dash, minus, or
>whatever you wan't to call it) the parser seems to regardles of quoting be
>seen as an substraction operator.

Give us an example of where you use it within a quoted name and get a
failure.  Dashes are legal, at least at long as you quote with backtick:

mysql> create table `a-b` (`c-d` int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> show create table `a-b`;
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create Table                                                    |
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
| a-b   | CREATE TABLE `a-b` (
   `c-d` int(11) default NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM |
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

>  Does anybody recognice this, have I just
>missed the part where the characters allowed in names and passwords is
>specified.
>
>antispam device: sql, query, queries, smallint
>
>Merry Christmas/Happy Hannuka/Happy holidays & A Happy New Year
>
>--
>  &ers

>Anders Nygård

Thread
Parser seems to have problems with '-' (dash).anders.nygard18 Dec
  • Re: Parser seems to have problems with '-' (dash).Paul DuBois18 Dec
RE: Parser seems to have problems with '-' (dash).Mike Grabski18 Dec