List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Berg Date:April 1 1999 3:25pm
Subject:Re: Dump format question
View as plain text
Andy,

You can use a standard SELECT implementing the INTO OUTFILE... clause.  Just
remember to use fully qualified paths with that file since it default to the
mysql DB directory.

SELECT [STRAIGHT_JOIN] [SQL_SMALL_RESULT] [DISTINCT | ALL]
    select_expression,...
    [INTO OUTFILE 'file_name' export_options]
    [FROM table_references
        [WHERE where_definition]
        [GROUP BY col_name,...]
        [HAVING where_definition]
        [ORDER BY {unsigned_integer | col_name} [ASC | DESC] ,...]
        [LIMIT [offset,] rows]
        [PROCEDURE procedure_name] ]

-Eric.

Andy Harrison: [Thursday 1-April]: