List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 15 2002 11:38pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: Re: Bug in auto_increment
View as plain text
At 22:42 +0100 12/15/02, Dennis Schwerdel wrote:
>I think you did not properly process this request.

The phenomenon you describe below is not a bug in MySQL.  The problem
is that you are trying to use an AUTO_INCREMENT column in an unsupported
manner.  AUTO_INCREMENT columns are for use only with *positive* integers,
and any attempt to use them otherwise will eventually cause you grief.
(As you've already discovered.)  Putting 0 in an AUTO_INCREMENT column
is a bad idea.  Don't do it.