List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 15 2002 11:35pm
Subject:Re: OS X 10.2.2 Can not access mysql with the terminal
View as plain text
At 21:43 +0100 12/15/02, Helmuth Lutz wrote:
>Does anybody have an idea:
>
>- WHY does my currently installed MySQL 3.23.46 start at System-Start?

Becasue something or someone installed the proper startup stuff under
System/Library/StartupItems.

>- WHY do the currently installed db's work within Internet-Explorer?

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

>- WHY does the terminal not know the commands: mysql or mysqladmin?
>---- Not as user  neither as root
>
>The terminal response:
>[hlutz:/usr/local/mysql] hlutz# mysqladmin -u root user -p version
>mysqladmin: Command not found.

Because your PATH doesn't include the directory where these programs
are located.

>Any help is welcome.
>
>Kind regards
>Helmuth Lutz

Thread
OS X 10.2.2 Can not access mysql with the terminalHelmuth Lutz15 Dec
  • Re: OS X 10.2.2 Can not access mysql with the terminalPaul DuBois16 Dec
  • Re: OS X 10.2.2 Can not access mysql with the terminalChris Garaffa19 Dec