List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 5:23pm
Subject:Re: Carriage Returns through Servlets
View as plain text
Hunter Hillegas wrote:

> When people submit data to my database (mySQL via JDBC) through my servlet,
> and display the contents, any carriage returns that they enter are
> discarded... Any way to somehow turn a carriage return in the input form
> into a <BR> or something?
>
> Hunter

Hi Hunter

This is an easy one :)

Just use:
UPDATE
	content_table
SET
	content_col = REPLACE( content_col, '\n', '<BR>' )
	, just_inserted = false
WHERE
	just_inserted = true
	;

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Carriage Returns through ServletsHunter Hillegas2 Sep
  • Re: Carriage Returns through ServletsTonu Samuel2 Sep
  • Re: Carriage Returns through ServletsChristian Mack9 Sep