List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 5:17pm
Subject:Re: Maintaining 2 mySQL DBs with the same info
View as plain text
B B wrote:

> Maintaining 2 mySQL DBs with the same info
>
> I am trying to maintain a nonnative DB on my computer (WIN98), and a live DB
> on a Linux server. They are both running mySQL and should have the same
> information. In short I will update the info on my computer's DB and test it
> to see if everything is going OK. If everything seems cool, then I will
> update the Linux's DB with the new information that was inserted.
>
> For all of you experts out there, what do you suggest? The Linux mySQL DB is
> running on localhost, and I can't talk to it from my PC. Other than that I
> don't want to use a program like MyAdmin and sort of cut and paste the new
> information not because it is a tedious process but because we are using a
> shared system and I don't want people to read the password info.
>
> Any suggestion, comments.. etc? Thanks
>
> TooB

Hi TooB

I would turn on the update log on your Win98 mysql DBMS.
Then update the infos and test them locally.
When it works, then I would use this update log, to update the Linux DB.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Maintaining 2 mySQL DBs with the same infoB B2 Sep
  • Re: Maintaining 2 mySQL DBs with the same infoChristian Mack9 Sep
  • Crazy slow mysql performance.Jacob A. Repp12 Oct
    • Re: Crazy slow mysql performance.sinisa13 Oct