List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Snoxell Date:December 11 2002 3:12pm
Subject:Joined Tables Newbie Question
View as plain text
Hi,

I've worked with a database system in the past that allows you to setup
permanent joins between two tables in a database such that if you select
record 1 say on a parent table and then add records to a child table, the
child table automatically knows that this record is a sub-record of record
1 in the parent. Thus I can have databases with table structures like:

Customers: Orders: OrderedItems

Without having to always execute complex SQL queries every time.

Can I do anything with MySQL to make it act in the same way?

Many thanks,

Jeff

Thread
Joined Tables Newbie QuestionJeff Snoxell11 Dec
  • re: Joined Tables Newbie QuestionEgor Egorov11 Dec
    • How to enter data in MySQLCCJeff Snoxell12 Dec