List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 4:41pm
Subject:Re: Problem with JDBC Driver
View as plain text
albertv wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I write for the same problem I noticed in the driver org.gjt.mm.mysql
> driver (version 1.2b). (It spends too much time to connect to the MYSQL
> Database with an Applet)
>
> I have tried to connect to the database with Access and ODBC and it
> works well and faster than my JDBC Connection.
> I am working in a Intranet without DNS, and I don't think the problem
> was because of the host-based security.
>
> Any Idea???
>
> Alberto Vázquez.

Hi Alberto

You can speed up queries with JDBC a little bit, when you turn escape processing off (@see
java.sql.Statement#setEscapeProcessing(boolean)).

But its speed should be comparable to ODBC.

Did you turn off hostname lookup in mysqld?

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Problem with JDBC Driveralbertv1 Sep
  • Re: Problem with JDBC DriverChristian Mack9 Sep