List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Bosschaert Date:December 10 2002 11:40pm
Subject:Can I get the matching expression from REGEXP
View as plain text
Hi,
In one of my tables I have a column which contains a combination of a string
(characters only), a space and a 1 or 2 letter combination. The string has no
fixed lenght. Like:

   abcd ef
   bcdefgh i
   etc

Now I want to remove the 1 or 2 letter combination from this column into
another column. I can select the rows with

WHERE colX REGEXP ". .{1,2}$"

This wil return the first two rows only. But I cannot figure out how to get
the query to return the matching result (being ef and i).

Any help appreciated

Mike

Thread
Can I get the matching expression from REGEXPMike Bosschaert10 Dec
  • Re: Can I get the matching expression from REGEXPAndy Bakun10 Dec
  • Re: Can I get the matching expression from REGEXPRobert Citek11 Dec
    • Re: Can I get the matching expression from REGEXPMike Bosschaert11 Dec