List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 10 2002 4:21am
Subject:Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machine
View as plain text
At 16:04 -0800 12/9/02, tmb wrote:
>I was told that if you had multiple MySQL db's on a
>single machine... that actually it was really only one
>db with tables for for db1, db2, db3... ???
>
>This doesn't sound right.

Ask the person that told you this for evidence to support the claim.

>I thought MySQL created a seperate directory for each
>db & put each db's files in their respective folder...

That's correct.

However, a small complication to my answer:
It may be that the person was thinking of the InnoDB tablespace.
The InnoDB storage handler manages all InnoDB tables within a single
tablespace, no matter which database they come from.  But even so,
each database has its own directory, and InnoDB tables do have a .frm
file in the appropriate database directory.

>true or not ?
>
>thanks - tmb

Thread
help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal9 Dec
  • RE: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryAdolfo Bello9 Dec
    • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
    • Multiple MySQL db's on one machinetmb10 Dec
      • Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machinePaul DuBois10 Dec
        • Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machineMichael T. Babcock10 Dec
    • Multiple MySQL db's on one machinetmb10 Dec
    • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
  • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
  • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz10 Dec
Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machineJan Steinman10 Dec