List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Murad Nayal Date:December 9 2002 3:37pm
Subject:help on NOT EXISTS SQL query
View as plain text

Hello all,

I need to run query like (in mysql < ver.4):

select * from table1 as t1 where not exists (select NULL from table2 as
t2 where t1.field1 = t2.field1)

I know you can emulate an 'exists' subquery with a join. but I just
can't think of a way to emulate a 'not exists' without a subquery.
probably due to my limited sql experience. any hints?

thanks a lot
Murad

BTW: when do you think mysql 4.1 would be stable enough for robust use
(not necessarily mission critical).
Thread
help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal9 Dec
  • RE: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryAdolfo Bello9 Dec
    • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
    • Multiple MySQL db's on one machinetmb10 Dec
      • Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machinePaul DuBois10 Dec
        • Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machineMichael T. Babcock10 Dec
    • Multiple MySQL db's on one machinetmb10 Dec
    • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
  • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryMurad Nayal10 Dec
  • Re: help on NOT EXISTS SQL queryiConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz10 Dec
Re: Multiple MySQL db's on one machineJan Steinman10 Dec