List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manisha Date:December 9 2002 3:33am
Subject:Re: Want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdmin
View as plain text
oh! god! -

Thanks a lot, I have a root access and with that I could create a user
directly from command line.

I was thinking that thr phpMyAdmin 2.1.0 I can do it (New version can - but
seems not this version)

Thanks once again

Manisha

At 10:21 PM 12/8/02 -0500, Joe Stump wrote:
>It's not a phpMyAdmin function. If you can run raw SQL against the DB try
>running this:
>
>FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
>But you'll need to be root. If you have access to the command line you can
>flush them with mysqladmin. Check out
>http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Adding_users.html for more information.
>
>In the future you might want to check the manual and mailing list archives
>before posting.
>
>--Joe
>

>On Sunday, December 8, 2002, at 10:08 PM, Manisha wrote:
>
>>I am using phpMyAdmin 2.1.0. I created user from this (mysql.user) but do
>>not know how to reload it ? I am not finding any such option on it. Can u
>>please tell me more about it.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Manisha
>>

>>At 09:45 PM 12/8/02 -0500, Joe Stump wrote:
>>>Did you reload the privileges?
>>>
>>>--Joe

>>>--
>>>Joe Stump - joe@stripped
>>>"Software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

>--
>Joe Stump - joe@stripped
>"Software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

Thread
Want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdminManisha9 Dec
  • Re: Want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdminJoe Stump9 Dec
    • Re: Want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdminManisha9 Dec
  • Error: Can't lock fileGeetika Tewari9 Dec
Re: Want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdminManisha9 Dec
Re: Error: Can't lock filePaul DuBois9 Dec
  • Re: Error: Can't lock fileGeetika Tewari9 Dec