List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:December 8 2002 11:43pm
Subject:FULLTEXT
View as plain text
Hello Everyone!

    I am a member of the Lasso list and heard this would be a good place to
ask about a few things about MySQL.

1. In a few places I read about FULLTEXT searches. In one place I saw it
said 16 columns and in another 15. But, I am finding that when using 15 I
get an error but then go down to 14 and all is well. One of these I am
searching is a TEXT field. Does this eat up 2 VARCHAR columns in the
FULLTEXT?

2. Is there a way in maybe a rebuild of the code to change from 4 or more
letters in the FULLTEXT search to 3 or more? I noticed on the FULLTEXT page
someone commented on this.

3. Almost the same as above but is there a way to increase the number of
columns for a FULLTEXT search?

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications

FULLTEXTSteffan A. Cline9 Dec
  • Re: FULLTEXTBrent Baisley9 Dec