List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 2:42pm
Subject:Re: Server hang!
View as plain text
Johan Isacsson wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm using mysql v 3.23.2-alpha. I've tried this on both the precompiled
> rpms and compiled it on my own (RedHat 6.0). The problem is that the
> server hangs when certain hosts tries to connect to it (doesn't matter if
> its jdbc or mysql client). After some testing i realized that it was the
> hosts that didn't hava a reverse name lookup working that caused the
> server to hang. I then tried to run mysqld with hostname lookups off but
> that just made it worse, it hang when hosts that had previously been able
> to connect tried to connect. Anyone had similar problems?
>
> Thanks, Johan Isacsson

Hi Johan

If you turn off hostname lookup, then you only can connect to mysql by using the IP
addresses.
This also implies, that all privileges for the mysql databases must be set with IP
addresses.
So you have to change all privilege entries with hostnames before turning hostname lookup
off.

Hope this helps.
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Server hang!Johan Isacsson25 Aug
  • Re: Server hang!Christian Mack9 Sep
    • Re: Server hang!Johan Isacsson9 Sep