List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lenz Grimmer Date:December 8 2002 8:39pm
Subject:Re: mi_test_all error help
View as plain text

Hi,

please do not send questions to me directly - send them to our mailing
list instead (Cc:ed on this message again).

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, shawn xu wrote:

> I am new to MySQL, and I don't know what you said
> about GNU version. Would you please expain it more?

Sure!

> I just downloaded from www.mysql.com's source code. I don't know it is
> GNU version or not?
>
>  --- Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped> wrote: > -----BEGIN
>
> > > After untarring it, it passed ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql.
> > > But when I run make, finally it says
> > >
> > > make: don't know how to make mi_test_all. Stop
> > >
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Your help will be appreciated
> >
> > Is this GNU make? Make sure to use the GNU version.

Yes, the MySQL version you downloaded is of course licensed under the GNU
General Public License (GPL). What I was referring to was the version of
"make" you are using on your system - "make" must be a GNU make. You can
verify this by running "make --version", which should give you an output
similar to this:

[SNIP]
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Report bugs to <bug-make@stripped>.
[SNIP]

MySQL requires GNU make for compiling - if you don't have it, please
download and install it first.

Bye,
	LenZ
- --
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mlgr
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /      Mr. Lenz Grimmer <lenz@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__     MySQL AB, Production Engineer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/     Hamburg, Germany
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
mi_test_all error helpshawn xu5 Dec
  • Re: mi_test_all error helpLenz Grimmer5 Dec
Re: mi_test_all error helpLenz Grimmer8 Dec