List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:December 8 2002 8:20pm
Subject:Re: May someone try this script under Mandrake 9 and Mysql 4.0.5
View as plain text
Adolfo,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Adolfo Bello"" <adolfobello@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 12:47 AM

> I have used a database creation script for months under 3.23.53a.
>
> Now, I want to upgrade to version 4.0.5 and the script doesn't work. The
> first table is created but mysql complains with:
>
> Error 1005 at line 10 Can't create table ./dbdir/tblbasestados.frm
> (errno:150)
>
> = = = SCRIPT TO TRY = = =
> CREATE TABLE tblbasregiones(
> intregion INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
> strregion VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL
> ) TYPE=InnoDB ;
>
> CREATE TABLE tblbasestados( // this is line 10
> intestado INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
> strestado VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
> intregion INTEGER NOT NULL,
> INDEX(intregion),
> FOREIGN KEY (intregion)
> REFERENCES tblbasregiones(intregion)
> ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE
> ) TYPE=InnoDB ;
> = = = END OF SCRIPT = = =
>
> I just can't spot what's wrong and want to know if there is something
> wrong in my installation.

InnoDB does not support ON UPDATE CASCADE yet, though the support may be
available already in 4.0.6.

3.23 just ignores the ON UPDATE clause, but 4.0.5 gives an error 150 from
it.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Adolfo

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
Order technical MySQL/InnoDB support at https://order.mysql.com/
See http://www.innodb.com for the online manual and latest news on InnoDB

sql query

Thread
May someone try this script under Mandrake 9 and Mysql 4.0.5Adolfo Bello7 Dec
Re: May someone try this script under Mandrake 9 and Mysql 4.0.5Heikki Tuuri8 Dec
  • RE: May someone try this script under Mandrake 9 and Mysql 4.0.5Adolfo Bello8 Dec