List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:December 6 2002 7:53pm
Subject:table upgrades
View as plain text
Lo all,

If I have a database with various tables, and I want to upgrade the tables
and the data in the tables, will it screw up the permissions assigned to
users if I use DROP TABLE / CREATE TABLE (to recreate the changed tables),
and then just populate them with the data again?

I'm doing it this way because it's easier for us to dump the data from our
development databases and reload them onto our production systems, but I'm
worring now that I am going to loose my permissions (there is a TON of users
/ permissions in place)...

Any feedback appreciated.

--
me

<sql,query>

Thread
table upgradesChris Knipe6 Dec
  • Re: table upgradesBenjamin Pflugmann7 Dec